Monday 28 January 2013

Coincidence

Only three days ago I took a DVD from beneath my television, Kurt Russell, and Kathleen Quinlan in the 1997 film Breakdown, at the very same time I heard the word breakdown used in a discussion on the radio. I had not been looking for the DVD.
This happens to me a lot. I read a word in let us say a newspaper and there it is broadcast on the radio, obscure words, even phrases. At one time I thought I should list these words and phrases because it may turn out that they were part of an ongoing message, a message being relayed to me from somewhere about something. But after missing a few words through laziness in not writing them down I guess the message became indecipherable and I gave it up.
I also gave it up because I decided that if there was an important message in these coincidental words and phrases then that message would be better relayed all at once in order to guarantee capture and avoid confusion. Patently this was not the case. So I altered my interpretation of these events. Instead of seeking a message I now simply regarded these coincidences as indicators that I was on the right track, like cats eyes in the road - signposts.

A message? A direction? A confirmation? Nothing at all?

Can gi supply the answer?

No comments:

Post a Comment